Title: [prod-down] Troubleshoot database consistency errors
Tag(s): SQL Server, Troubleshoot, DBCC
Description: You want to troubleshoot and fix database consistency errors.
- Database in suspect mode
- DBCC Output: Found N errors and repaired errors
- MSSQLSERVER_824: SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error
- MSSQLSERVER_832: A page that should have been constant has changed
- MSSQLSERVER2570: Column COLUMNNAME value is out of range for data type "DATATYPE".
- Fixed-time: 1 working day(s)
- Fixed-scope: 1 database
- Fixed-price: $500
- Understand symptoms
- Find cause
- Provide solution
Out of Scope
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Quick fix only
- DBCC CHECKDB should exit with the success message.
- Database server access
- Screen sharing, if applicable