- Title: [prod-down] Troubleshoot SQL Server Startup Errors
- Category: prod-down
- Tag(s): SQL Server, Troubleshoot, Startup, Standalone
- Description: You want to troubleshoot and fix startup errors on a standalone server.
- The SQL Server service and the SQL Server Agent Service fail to start on a standalone server
- Error 1069 occurs when you start SQL Server service
- SQL Server can't start if all the protocols are disabled
- Event ID 17058 and SQL Server doesn't start
- Event ID 7000 and SQL Server doesn't start
- Service-specific error 17113 when you start SQL Server service
- Event ID 1814 and SQL Server doesn't start
- Event ID 33565 and SQL Server doesn't start after you enable encryption
- "Access is denied" error and SQL Server doesn't start
- Fixed-time: 1 working day(s)
- Fixed-scope: 1 server
- Fixed-price: $500
- Change the startup account.
- Configure the SQL Server startup options.
- Verify these rights per the Server permissions.
- Enable the required network protocols.
- Repairing the SQL Server installation.
- Follow Failure Recovery Procedure.
Out of Scope
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Quick fix only
- The SQL Server service should be up and able to accept user connections.
- Database server access
- Screen sharing, if applicable